Scottish Gallery Rifle & Pistol Championships (August)
The 2018 Scottish Gallery Rifle and Pistol Championship will be held over two weekends at two different venues. The event will commence on the 14-15th July at Joint Services Pistol Club’s Colmsliehill Range where a series of short events will be held and the Championship will conclude with the 1500 plus additional short events on the 11-12th August at Drums Links, home of Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club. This registered event is open to all shooters.
A friendly “for honours” 1500 match held between Scotland and Visitors is proposed for the weekend at Drums for CF and SB teams. This match will be arranged and discussed further between Team Captains.
Two title awards will be made:
- Scottish Gallery Rifle Champion: awarded to the highest scoring competitor, aggregate score of all 12 centrefire and smallbore rifle events, using a Grand Prix style “points for position” award. No separate classification awards will be made.
- Scottish Gallery Pistol Champion: highest aggregate score of all 4 Pistol and Revolver events using a Grand Prix style “points for position” award. No separate classification awards will be made.
Scottish Gallery Rifle Championship for Smallbore and Centrefire Rifle
Competing for the title of Scottish Rifle Champion and 12 individual Scottish Champion titles.
- Venue 1: Joint Services Pistol Club, Colmsliehill Range; 13-15th July starting at 9.30 am.
- Events: TP1, MT, and 1020 for Smallbore and Centrefire rifle.
- Venue 2: Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club, Drums Links Range; 11-12th August starting at 9.30am.
- Events: 1500, Phoenix A and TP2 for Smallbore and Centrefire rifle.
Scottish Long Barrel Revolver and Long Barrel Pistol Championship.
Competing for four individual titles (two LBP and two LBR) awards and overall Scottish Pistol Champion.
- Venue: Joint Services Pistol Club, Colmsliehill Range; 13-15th July starting at 9.30 am.
- Events: TP1, MT. for LBP and LBR.
This competition is a registered event and scores will be submitted to the NRA. The Gallery Rifle Ranking Tables will include the TP1, MT and 1500 event.
Competitors entering both Standard and Classic matches must indicate to the match director prior to the start of the match which score (standard or classic) they require to be carried forward for their aggregate score. No differential will be made between Iron and Optic (Open class) LBR or LBP. Centrefire may include any pistol calibre lever action rifle. Lever release rifles are not included due to predicted low entrance, we will look at that again next year.
There will be a prizegiving ceremony held during the Gallery Rifle Nationals held at Bisley, venue to be agreed.