STS 50m Prone Grand Prix Series 2017
Please note that Grand Prix 3 must be entered by the paper entry form provided and runs to a different schedule over a two day event held at Caithness. See the form for more details.
The meeting is a 50m squadded smallbore (.22) prone rifle event that is run on electronic targets with decimal scoring. The main competition is run in 4 classes and comprises of 60 competition shots to be fired in 50min. This is preceded by a 15min setup period and a 15min preparation and sighting period.
Concurrent with the main competition is a Junior competition (Under 21), Sweepers with cash prizes and the Club Pairs which are handicapped as follows: (A: Scratch; B: +9; C: +18; D: +27)
Grand Prix 3 - Caithness:
The Caithness meeting (Grand Prix 3) is different to the other GP events in the series. This event is a two-day open shoot at 50 metres and 100 yards at the outdoor range of Wick Old Stagers beside the River Wick off the Thurso Road.
The Open Meeting hosts an event in the STS 50m Prone Grand Prix Series. This is shot on Saturday afternoon. Sunday is fully taken up with the Mowat Cup, which is the Caithness Open Championship and the meeting closes with discs competitions and the presentation of prizes and trophies.
A&B Grand Prix:
The top 18 scores (top 14 scores for meetings at Gagie) in the main competition in classes A & B will go forward to a qualification match, which will consist of a further 60 shots at 50 metres. The leading 8 athletes will then go forward to an ISSF style final. Points will be awarded for the A&B Grand Prix series to each finalist as shown in the points table below.
C&D Grand Prix:
The top 10 scores in the main competition in classes C & D class will shoot the C & D final, which will consist of 60 shots at 50 metres. Points for the C & D Grand Prix series will be awarded to the top 8 athletes in the final as shown in the points table below.
The Grand Prix Series will be shot on the following dates in 2017:
Grand Prix - Date - Venue
- GP1 - 7 May 2017 - Denwood
- GP2- 28 May 2017 - Gagie
- GP3 - 10 June 2017 - Caithness - please note that GP3
- GP4 - 27 August 2017 - Denwood
- GP5 - 3 September 2017 - Gagie
Position - Points
- 1st - 12
- 2nd - 9
- 3rd - 7
- 4th - 5
- 5th - 4
- 6th - 3
- 7th - 2
- 8th - 1
The meeting will be run under ISSF rules as far as possible. The Range Jury will consist of any three people from the local organising committee and/or the STS Smallbore AMG.
Grand Prix series points will only be awarded to athletes who qualify for the final and compete in the final.
Event - Athletes to the Line - Preparation & Sighting - Match Start - Match Finish
- Relay 1 - 08:45 - 09:00 - 09:15 - 10:05
- Relay 2 - 10:20 - 10:35 - 10:50 - 11:40
- Relay 3 - 11:55 - 12:10 - 12:25 - 13:15
- C&D Final - 13:45 - 14:00 - 14:15 - 15:05
- GP Qualification - 15:20 - 15:35 - 15:50 - 16:40
- GP FINAL - Reporting Time – 17:00 - 17.30 - 18.00
The following table shows how the 50m prone rifle classes are determined. Any unclassified competitor will require to submit an average. Averages need to be provided from one of the list below:
- Outdoor average - based on best 5 from last 6 60 shot matches (Integer)
- Outdoor average - based on best 5 from last 6 60 shot matches (Decimal)
- Indoor average - based on best 10 from last 12 indoor cards
Classification - A Class - B Class - C Class - D Class
- 60 shot 50m - 591 and over - 582 to 590 - 564 to 581 - Under 564
- 60 shot 50m Decimal - 618.0 and over - 609.0 to 617.9 - 591.0 to 608.9 - Under 591.0
- 40 shot Dewar - 394 and over - 388 to 393 - 376 to 387 - Under 376
- Indoor - 98.5 and over - 97.0 to 98.4 - 94.0 to 96.9 - Under 94
Any competitor may be reclassified at the discretion of the organising committee.
Scottish Target Shooting follows the doping regulations adopted by British Shooting, developed with UKAD. As such, the testing for banned substances may be carried out at any time. Please declare any medication at check-in before shooting.
The closing date for entries is the Tuesday before the event date. Late entries may be considered. Depending upon the number of entries for relay 1, it may be cancelled and entries moved to relay 2.
On arrival at the range please report to the organizer to take up your booking. Please arrange to be on the range in plenty of time to avoid missing your allocated squad as depending on entry and range space re squadding may not be possible.
Competition - Adult Non-Member - Adult Member - Junior Non-Member - Junior Member
- GP - £28.00 - £25.00 - £25.00 - £22.00
- Club Pairs - £3.00 - £3.00 - £3.00 - £3.00