BREAKTHROUGH PISTOL COACHES
£250/year (plus expenses)
circa 15-20 days/year
Working from home & on-location
Initial Term: 27th August 2018 - 31st March 2019
Scottish Target Shooting (STS) has the exciting opportunity of driving the performance programme for shooting in Scotland. We are looking to support people already coaching in clubs to take their coaching to the next level. Breakthrough coaches will help identify talented individuals and support squads from the STS performance programme. We are calling them ‘breakthrough’ because both the coaches themselves, and the athletes they will be supporting, are breaking through to the next level. In addition to receiving a nominal annual sum, the post will receive mentoring to develop their coaching and support from STS to improve their coaching qualifications and provide wider coach development training (i.e. nutrition, psychology, child protection etc.). We are looking to support several candidates per discipline.
Pistol Breakthrough Coaches will be accountable to the Performance & Pathways Manager and supported by the Pistol Performance Coach, Pistol AMG Performance Rep and Office Manager.
- Providing coaching support for Tier 2 athletes
- Completing STS reports to track the development of Tier 2 athletes
- Providing STS with website reports and photographs of athletes at competitions
- Support the Performance & Pathways Manager in selection processes for programme and competitions
- Support the Performance & Pathways Manager in developing a pathway for rifle shooting
- Perform the role of Team Manager at competitions when required
- Any other tasks required for the fulfilment of the role
AUTHORITIES & LIMITATIONS
Budgets will be set by the Performance & Pathways Manager and reviewed and monitored regularly.
- The post will be contracted to work 1 weekend every month, agreed in advance
- The post will be required to work weekends to provide support at training and competitions within the UK
- The post will be responsible for managing his/her own time
- The post will be responsible for providing his/her own equipment
- STS will provide support with co-ordinating athletes and booking venues
- All reasonable out-of-pocket expense incurred on STS business and agreed in advance will be reimbursed
MAIN ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of performance shooting
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience in the discipline
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with programme athletes and personnel
- Ability to compose and produce reports using IT applications (Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to set clear targets
- Work on own without detailed instruction
- Self-motivated demonstrating drive and enthusiasm
- Flexible, proactive and able to work under pressure
- Apply discretion in sensitive issues, and maintain confidentiality at all times
This is a great opportunity for anyone currently coaching in a club and looking to get into coaching performance athletes. STS is looking to develop coaches to provide regular support for squads as well as growing the experience and skills of Scottish coaches by providing opportunities for them to develop.
All applications should be submitted by 12pm on Monday 13th August 2018 and include the following:
- Current CV
- Statement of why you would be suitable (no longer than 500 words)
- Contact Details (Notably email and mobile number)
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com with ‘Coach Recruitment’ in the subject line, or marked ‘Coach Recruitment’ posted to: STS, Caledonia House, 1 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For any questions or further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
STS is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all members of the community.