PERFORMANCE PISTOL COACH
Disciplines: 10m or 25m Rapid Fire
Number of Days: Negotiable
Working from home & on-location
Initial Term: 27th August 2018 - 31st March 2019
Scottish Target Shooting (STS) has the exciting opportunity of driving the performance programme for shooting in Scotland. This post will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Olympic and Commonwealth success through working with Scottish performance athletes and breakthrough coaches.
The Performance Pistol Coach will be accountable to the Performance & Pathways Group through the Performance & Pathways Manager, COO and Performance & Pathways Director.
- Develop personalised training programmes for Tier 1 athletes
- Supporting and ensuring Tier 1 athletes meet agreed goals
- Completing STS reports to track the development of Tier 1 athletes
- Providing STS with website reports and photographs of athletes at competitions
- Support development squads by providing coaching and mentoring for squad coaches
- Support the Performance & Pathways Manager in selection processes for programme and competitions
- Support the Performance & Pathways Manager in developing a pathway for pistol shooting
- Perform the role of Team Manager at competitions when required
- Any other tasks required for the fulfilment of the role
AUTHORITIES & LIMITATIONS
Budgets will be set with the Performance & Pathways Manager and reviewed and monitored on an ongoing basis. The post will be authorised to make purchases that fall within the agreed budgets in consultation with the Performance & Pathways Manager.
- The number of days the post will be contracted to work is negotiable
- The post will be required to work evenings and weekends for meeting with athletes and supporting competitions both in and outside of the UK
- The post will be responsible for managing his/her own time
- The post will be responsible for providing his/her own computer
- STS can provide support with making travel arrangements and contacting athletes
- The post will work from home and on location with athletes
- All reasonable out-of-pocket expense incurred on STS business will be reimbursed.
MAIN ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working with performance pistol athletes
- Experience of working in performance sport and performance programmes
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with programme athletes and personnel
- Ability to compose and produce reports using IT applications (Word, Excel etc.)
- Ability to set clear targets
- Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Ability to have difficult conversations around selection and de-selection
- Work on own without detailed instruction
- Self-motivated demonstrating drive and enthusiasm
- Flexible, proactive and able to work under pressure
- Apply discretion in sensitive issues, and maintain confidentiality at all times
All applications should be submitted by 12pm on Monday 13th August 2018 and include the following:
- Current CV
- Statement of why you would be suitable (no longer than 500 words)
- References from 2 people
- Contact Details (Notably email and mobile number)
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com with ‘Coach Recruitment’ in the subject line, or marked ‘Coach Recruitment’ posted to: STS, Caledonia House, 1 Redheughs Rigg, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For any questions or further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
STS is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all members of the community.