ROLE TITLE: SMALLBORE ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT GROUP (AMG) CHAIR
COMPANY: SCOTTISH TARGET SHOOTING
TERM OF OFFICE: 3 YEARS INTIAL TERM
ROLE TYPE: NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
COMMITTEES: BOARD OF DIRECTORS (MEMBER); ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT GROUP (CHAIR)
The Association Management Group Director is an Officer of the Board and a Non-Executive Director, appointed in accordance with the Articles of Association and with direct reporting responsibilities to the Chair of STS.
- Form an Association Management Group (AMG) from the membership of STS with that primary discipline
- Set the agenda, chair, facilitate and plan the annual cycle of AMG meetings
- Work with STS staff and the AMG to plan, budget and deliver a calendar of events and activities that meets the needs of STS members in disciplines covered by that AMG
- Lead partnerships on behalf of the Board with agencies relevant to disciplines covered by that AMG to ensure the interests of STS and its members are represented
- Understand the views of the membership directly and through fellow directors and staff
- Completing any additional projects as requested by the Chair
AUTHORITIES & LIMITATIONS
As outlined fully in the STS Business Strategies document and other policies approved by the STS Board.
TERM OF OFFICE
All directors, excluding the Chair, are appointed for terms of 3 years. At the end of the term each Director must be re-appointed to the Board, albeit with the possibility to stand for a different role. Directors may only serve a maximum of 3 consecutive terms (9 years) on the Board regardless of how many different roles they have held during this time. Only if a Director is appointed as Chair may they serve longer than 9 consecutive years on the Board.
REGULAR ANNUAL COMMITMENTS
4-6 evening meetings of the Board
4-6 evening meetings of the Association Management Group
The position of Association Management Group Director, as with all other Non-Executive Directors, is unpaid. All reasonable out-of-pocket expense incurred on STS business will be reimbursed.
MAIN ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of the disciplines covered by that AMG
- Experience of leading a committee of volunteers
- Experience of event organisation
- Ability to multi-task, planning multiple events simultaneously
- Support in contributing to the direction, leadership and strategic vision
- Good diplomatic and ambassadorial skills
- A good communicator
- Uphold high standards of integrity
- Support other Directors of STS while monitoring their own conduct
- Question intelligently, debate constructively, challenge rigorously and decide dispassionately
- Listen sensitively to the views of others